• All High School divisions will be full-field games, two 25-minute running clock halves. Halftime is 5 minutes. Between games is 5 minutes. Time-outs will not be permitted unless there is an injury. At referee’s discretion, up to 2 minutes may be added due to injury loss of time.
• All Middle School divisions will be full-field games, two 25-minute halves. Halftime is 5 minutes. Between games is 5 minutes. Time-outs will not be permitted unless there is an injury. At referee’s discretion, up to 2 minutes may be added due to injury loss of time.
• Central horn will start and end all games.
• Girls 2027/2028 Division and Adult Women Division will play 7v7 format, 25-minute running clock games on modified field lengths. The lineup is 2 Attack, 3 Middies, 2 Defenders. Holding 2 back behind restraining line (midline).
• Current US Lacrosse Rules will apply.
• There will be ZERO TOLERANCE for abusive coaches, players and parents. A player or coach who is ejected for violent conduct or serious foul play (red card) may be subject to not participating in the remainder of the tournament. Game ejections are determined by referees; expulsions are determined by the tournament directors.
• Girls 5th/6th grade divisions will play modified checking and 3 second rule as defined by US lacrosse for good defense. One pass rule is NOT in effect. Mercy Rule not in effect.
• 7th & 8th grade divisions play full checking.
• 8 Meter free positions will be played out if foul occurs before time expires (at half or end of game)
• Any player that receives a red card will be required to sit out for remainder of game and the next game
• Coaches are permitted to call 1 stick check per game in the first half only.
• We will play rain or shine.
• In case of thunder/lightning all games will be suspended and fields will be cleared by sounding an air horn (3 long blasts).
• Games will resume 30 minutes after the last bolt/thunder was seen/heard.
• Games will resume according to the actual time of the day – missed time/games will not be made up. Scores will be recorded as they stand when game ended as long as at least 15 minutes have been played.
• Closing of the fields and cancelation of the games is at the discretion of site managers, tournament directors, and officials. Keeping everyone safe is our 1st concern. Refunds will not be made due to inclement weather. We expect to play the majority of games.
• Updated text message alerts will be sent to the participant and coach cell phone numbers provided during player registration.
Tournament deposits for teams are non-refundable. After balance due date, there are no refund or credits. No refunds will be made in the event of cancellation or shortening of any matches due to inclement weather or anything out of the control of the tournament directors. LGS will make every effort to use contingency plans to maximize game play for all teams.
During bracket play, teams will be awarded points on the following basis:
**If there are any forfeits, the average goals against in actual scheduled games played will be added to the total goals against to the team that won by forfeit** Forfeits count as an automatic win for team that has not forfeited.
In the event that there are two or more teams tied in points at the end of tournament play, the following criteria will be used to determine playoff seeding:
All playoff games for high school divisions are 20 minutes running time. All playoff games for middle school and 2027/2028 division are 25 minutes running time.
No half time. No time-outs are permitted. Playoff games that are tied at the end of regulation will go to 3-minute sudden victory. If teams are still tied after sudden victory, then Braveheart or coin toss will determine the winner to move forward. Both coaches must agree to Braveheart; otherwise a coin toss will be used.