All High School & Middle School divisions will be 25 minute running game time on modified field lengths. No timeouts allowed.
All divisions will play 7v7 (plus a goalie) 2 Attack, 3 Midfield, 2 Defense (holding 2 back over the mid line).
2019 US Lacrosse Rules will apply.
After each goal, games will resume with a draw.
Refs and coaches keep score. Coaches sign off on score card at end of each game.
A player or coach who is ejected for violent conduct or serious foul play (red card) may be subject to not participating in the remainder of the tournament. Ejections are determined by referees; expulsions are determined by the tournament directors.
• High School will play full checking.
• Girls 7th/8th divisions will play US lacrosse level FC (full checking) rules
• Girls 5th/6th divisions will use Level A rules (modified checking). In addition, 3 second rule for closely guarded defense will be in use with modified checking rules.
• Middle School Divisions – 4 goal differential rules not in effect.
• 8 meter free positions will be played out if foul occurs before time expires (at end of game). Player must go directly to goal, no pass and play ends with shot.
• Any player that receives a red card will be required to sit out for the next (1) game. Any player receiving 2 yellow cards will sit out for the remainder of the game.
• Games will be played rain or shine.
• In case of thunder/lightning, all games will be suspended and fields will be cleared by sounding an air horn (3 long blasts).
• Games will resume 30 minutes after the last bolt/thunder was seen/heard.
• Games will resume according to the actual time of the day – missed time/games will not be made up. Scores will be recorded as they stand when game ended as long as at least 15 minutes have been played.
• Closing of the fields and cancellation of the games is at the discretion of site managers, tournament directors, and officials. Keeping everyone safe is our first concern. Refunds will not be made due to inclement weather. We expect to play the majority of games.
Tournament deposits for teams are non-refundable. After balance due date, there are no refund or credits. No refunds will be made in the event of cancellation or shortening of any matches due to inclement weather or anything out of the control of the tournament directors. LGS will make every effort to use contingency plans to maximize game play for all teams.
Scoring System to Determine Winners
During pool play, teams will be awarded points on the following basis:
3 points = Win 1 points = Tie 0 points = Loss
**If there are any forfeits, the average goals against in actual scheduled games played will be added to the total goals against to the team that won by forfeit** Forfeits count as an automatic win for team that has not forfeited.
In the event that there are two or more teams tied in points at the end of the tournament play, the following criteria will be used to determine playoff seeding:
1. Head to Head – if no clear winner in 3 way tie, move to next criteria
2. Goals Against
4. Coin Toss
All playoff games will be one 25-minute running clock game. If tied at the end of the game, sudden victory overtime will occur for playoff games only.
No time-outs are permitted. Champion games that are tied at the end of regulation will go to 3- minute sudden victory. If teams are still tied after sudden victory, then brave heart or coin toss will determine the winner to move forward. Both coaches must agree to brave heart; otherwise a coin toss will be used.